Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Adoption

We have some friends that are so on fire with the Lord's vision for adoption. I love adoption. I have wanted to adopt a child since I was a child. However, in their zeal they seem so optimistic. I was there once. We took a 12 1/2 year old girl into our home believing that God through the power of the Holy Spirit would change her life and the patterns that she had been taught from an early age. She broke our heart. As soon as she could she went back to a life of poverty and working the system. She is downwardly mobile, not working, pregnant, and poor. She wants little to do with us and what we have to offer. We stand with arms wide waiting for her to return. I miss her. I still hope and pray that God will change her. I hope it works out differently for my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment